Drupal 8 - Build Something Amazing
Drupal 8 has been released into the wild. I wish to give both a high level overview of what Drupal 8 brings to the table as well as discuss some of the exciting lower-level improvements. Attendees can expect to leave with a broader understanding of Drupal 8 and know where to go to find out more information.
- Drupal in a nutshell
Goodness - there is a lot of new stuff in the Drupal we know
- API friendly & RESTFUL integrations
- CKeditor and Views now shipping out of the box and what that means for instant productivity
- Enhanced accessibility to further the web for everyone
- Proper deployment mechanisms with configuration management
The new Drupal - don't be afraid
- A new theme layer built upon Twig
- Composer for keeping dependencies under control
- BigPipe - ready to rock and roll
- A brief overview of what is ready for Drupal 8
- Moving forward with Drupal 8
I realize that is a lot to cover in 45 minutes. The idea is to give an on the ground perspective on where Drupal 8 is at and how folks can start to use it for their projects now. I hope to showcase a few examples of the work being done by the community.
As much as I can I hope to share experiences of the Bellingham Drupal community working with Drupal 8 in our monthly meetups and I have a few real world use cases where WWU has done a lot of work with Drupal 7 that will be greatly simplified by migrating to Drupal 8.
Short Link: http://lfnw.org/node/4002